Personal Pan Spanish Tortilla
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 large potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Peel and slice a potato into thin disks and whisk 2 eggs.
- Fry the potato slices with a lot of olive oil until easily pierced with a fork, and put into the mixing bowl. Drain off the used oil, clean the pan, and pour a tablespoon back in.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the potatoes and onions and egg, add the spicy paprika as well as salt and pepper, and mix.
- Pour the tortilla mixture into the frying pan and cook on one side until set.
- Then, gently push the half-cooked tortilla onto a plate larger than the frying pan, turn the pan upside down on top of the plate. Then, holding the hot pan with a towel, flip everything so the uncooked side of the tortilla falls onto the frying pan. (This is the hardest part—don’t worry if it gets a little messy!)
- Cook for a few minutes and serve with mayonnaise.